C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, September 7, 2026

Matchy Matchy

Last evening's sky matched my fence decor!

Inspired by the soft blue and orange in the sky...and an Audubon magazine cover...this happened today. 

Orange text and just a hint of soft blue for flow on tag #7. And I'm introducing green...and a tiny pop of red.

I'll do the back another day.

I'll be using more of this cover...so much goodness here!


4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love a beautiful magazine cover? This one is a winner for sure! I love what you did with parts of it on your tag, and that sunset was pure inspiration. Always so good to see what you've been up to, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do!!! I've been saving this one for just the right project. And still have a lot left! I love seeing what you're up to also!

      Delete
  2. MaryAnn, that Audubon cover was made for you! I love the 3-D effect of the bird on your tag. And look at the artful transition from the prior tag to this one. Such a gift a creative practice is, the way creativity informs and inspires more creativity, the way all your experiments and triumphs and what-the-heck?s go into the grist mill for all the susquent experiments and triumphs and what-the-heck?s. Keep on keeping on! We're all grateful to follow along with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! I smudged a little colored pencil around the bird to highlight it a bit. It looks like a shadow...giving it that dimension. I've had some busy days...so these simple tags are a perfect dip in my creative practice giving me some "triumphs and what-the-hecks!" I'm grateful that you follow long with my puttering Dotty!

      Delete