Some of you have probably heard about the nor'easter. We get them now and again here on the east coast with strong winds and heavy rain or snow. We're just getting the edge of it here in Maine so not really a dangerous storm here....but just a bit further south it's a whole different story.
It rained on and off all day...and we desperately need it. It's also been a bit windy so I was happy tucked inside all day. As I write this...the rain is coming down pretty hard.
Rainy days are good for puttering around the house. I added a few of my favorite Halloween things to my puzzle table...the little trick or treaters make me smile.
And I've always been fond of the shadow box my sister made with photos of my boys in their childhood costumes.I got the border together on my newest puzzle...and puttered a bit in the studio.
Perfect rainy day activities.
You know how I feel about butterflies so this one caught my eye. And the fact that they were in a sort of rainbow order sealed the deal. It's going to be a challenge....but I'm up for it! It will take as long as it takes.
Fun to hear about your rainy day activities, MaryAnn. Your puzzle looks both fun and formidable. I'll enjoy hearing what strategies come into play as you find your way through the process of piecing it together with your trick-or-treaters cheering you heartily.
ReplyDeleteI as happy that in the wee hours when I walk pre-sunrise (no sunrise today!), there was a lull in the amount of rain falling and I was able to get out for a good bit of exercise. Dave and I are still in summer picnic mode—tonight it was a car picnic looking out over the ocean, followed by passeggiata at Shaw's Market!
You nailed it....fun AND formidable! But...I already have a strategy!
DeleteSo nice hearing about your pre-sunrise exercise...but mostly I'm smiling ear to ear hearing about the car picnic overlooking the sea and your passeggiata at Shaws! You two are pretty darn adorable!
Hi MaryAnn! The storm wasn't too bad here, just a lot of wind and rain, but we're grateful it wasn't snow! Sounds like you had a contented day with fun little figures cheering you on as you began that lovely puzzle. I'm confident you'll find a strategy, as you always do, and complete it beautifully. I spent the day inside too and Bill and I had a good catch-up call with our daughter, which is always a joy!
ReplyDeleteGlad it wasn't too bad down your way. We really need the rain...so I don't mind that it's been raining all day again. Nice you got to catch up with your daughter!
Delete