C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Reset

Thanks to a nudge from the twig and toad folks....these acorns found their way into my pocket during my walk....and most of them are smaller than my thumbnail. And just for fun....I did take one of my regular morning routes in the opposite direction. (Three things from their lists!)

I was a little out of sorts today....and I couldn't get out of my own way. But pausing to focus on a couple simple things like picking up acorns on a walk...and finishing the back of my latest tag helped reset my rhythm a bit. 

Paul comes home late afternoon tomorrow....and that's just the reset I need. We have always said that we're better together


Back in July I took some shadow photos and printed them onto tissue to use in collage.

I can't remember if I printed some in green...or if the ink was running low and it came out green. Either way...it worked well for the back of the tag.    

The shadow photo is from moonbeam coreopsis.

4 comments:

  1. Love the quiet beauty which coexisted with your out-of-sorts feelings, MaryAnn. The moonbeam coreopsis shadow print certainly came into its own on the back of your most recent tag—ta da! Your use of collage on the shadow print creates a very inviting depth of field.

    And tomorrow: Paul! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tag-ta-da comment Dotty! I can't wait to hear about Paul's stories from the mountains of Colorado!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad collecting acorns and taking an opposite direction route helped reset your rhythm today, MaryAnn. And, of course, working on the back of your tag. I love those shadows and they definitely complete the look! I wish you and Paul a happy reunion tomorrow. My husband used to travel a lot for work, often to Europe or the Far East, and we were separated for many weeks every year. Now that he's retired, even a day apart seems strange. We, too, are better together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. Simple little things like this are good for me. I need to remember that always. Thanks for sharing about your husband's travels. Aren't we lucky to have spouses we love to have around!

      Delete