C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 8, 2017

One Step...

...at a time.
One day at a time.

My sister Angie has been in the hospital for more than two weeks with a variety of health issues.

She lives alone and away from family but has supportive friends and a wonderful church community. I've done daily check-ins with nurses and friends and have been communicating what I learn with the rest of my family.

One sister and brother-in-law are there now and others will go later. I will go help her when she is out of rehab in a week or two.

Yesterday afternoon I gathered with my good friends Jane and Patsy.  Jane shared her progress on this beautiful appliqué quilt she's been working of for a few years. All that's left is the border.


She hand appliquéd and machine quilted around all these delightful blocks of funky flowers. She attached all the blocks together with this fun striped sashing. It's absolutely stunning in person and in no way do these pictures do it justice.  I can't wait to see it done. Nice job Jane!!! 


I found this photo from 2014 of some of some of her little flower parts. I loved it then...and I love it now.  These little orbs still make me smile.




This day ended day with an evening swim.  
The air was cool...the water was warm...the sky was beautiful. 
Tomorrow I'll take more steps...one at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment