C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Trash or Treasure?

"Sometimes it's just a collection of stuff....it doesn't have to mean anything." Philippi Stanton

I'm at the end of week one of my "Consciously Creative" class....observing, collecting, and documenting.  I've always felt that I'm a good observer of the world...but this class is helping me see what I see differently AND see things I never even thought to look for.

At the beginning of the week I mentioned that we were supposed to picked up objects that we found on our walks. So all week long I've been gathering bits of this and that were just laying around out there in the world. It's all trash really....candy wrappers, bottle caps and bits of plastic or fiber. Finding it has become a bit of an obsession passion....and my pile got bigger and bigger.

It may not make sense to anyone else...but in the context of this class....it makes all the sense in the world.

I've been displaying my findings on this fancy glass cake stand all week...mostly because it's such a contrast to the objects.

I actually have an idea I want to try with all the bits of paper and fibers...we'll see if what's in my head can be actually turned into something. I'm OK if it can't...it's already something.




It was oddly satisfying to play around with the found circles and I was delighted to find that I had almost a whole rainbow....just missing a true blue. I made a circle of circles...and circles within a circle.




I'm loving this board from an old church pew....the texture helps create an interesting background.

I can take the board where the light is best for photographs....the morning light on the porch is just perfect.


A new week....a new lesson.  It's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment