C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 23, 2017

September Seed Pods

It's the time of year for seeds and pods and beautiful fall colors.  For my September Folt Bolt color scheme project I was inspired by the lotus seed pod.                                                                                                               

Way back at the beginning of the month I made the seed pod motif and cut out this fusible "joy."  I liked them both....but I struggled with how to make it work in a small design...they were both big design elements.  I set the project aside for a while....but it was time to make it work.

I finally abandoned the colorful "joy" because I was too attached to the seed pod motif.  It may show up somewhere else.

So now I have the basic layout fused and the machine stitching done. I'm auditioning buttons and other details and embellishments...it's time to do a little hand stitching and finish it up.

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment