C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Second Look

Wabi-Sabi...The Art of Imperfection

"To discover wabi-sabi is to see the singular beauty in something that may first look decrepit and ugly."   


Several weeks ago I wanted to collect a few rose hips....I love their orangey-red color...perfect for fall. But they were staring to go by so I passed them up. This photo is from my archives.
But this week as I've been embracing textures and the concept of "wabi-sabi" I took another look. I was surprised with how beautiful they were....deep rich colors and full of texture and they were drying into interesting wrinkly pods.

They were worth a second look.

Next week's lesson in the "Consciously Creative" class is color!  Yay!



Click the link to see my Steller Story with some of my favorite textures from my walks this week:

https://steller.co/s/7PzYgDTsdAx





No comments:

Post a Comment