C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Searching...

...for joy.

I didn't have to look very far today....there was enough again on this morning's walk with Janet to help me get through the day. All along a walking path in Lexington were little colorful notes of encouragement hanging from the trees. The path ends at an elementary school so my guess is they were intended for the school children to cheer them on as they started the new year.

But I also believe they were intended for me....and Janet.  I'm going to share them one at a time over the next several days....along with any other little nugget of joy that comes my way.


We were "caught" by the home owner taking pictures of her red zinnia...and I'm saying that in a good way.  We ended up having a delightful conversation with Scotty about our mutual love for flowers and trees.

An encouraging red note and a friendly neighbor with beautiful red zinnias....what a wonderful way to start the day.


2 comments:

  1. Those back to school notes are a lovely idea. Probably gonna steal it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it was a great idea. There were a dozen or so along the path.

      Delete