C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Cleaning Meets Joy

I helped Angie with all kinds of projects and chores inside and out and one of my tasks was to dust a display of vintage bottles in her bedroom.  I piled them in a box and sat out on her front porch with glass cleaner and a rag and got to work.



I had such a good time handling this precious collection and reading all the labels....I found the exact spot where cleaning meets joy....it wasn't work at all.



 

 

This "Rid-Smell" bottle made me chuckle....and this tiny Vicks bottle made me melt. The smell of Vicks Vapor Rub reminds me of my mom and being comforted as a child.







Much to my surprise...Angie tucked some of these precious treasures into my bag including the priceless little Vicks bottle, the Rid-Smell, and a delightful collection of tiny perfume bottles. JOY!  Thanks Angie!


2 comments: