C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Heading to the Midwest

I'm heading to Midwest today for a week to visit my sister Angie in Sibley, Missouri.  The last time I was there was October of 2017 when the days were getting shorter and the corn was being picked. This time the days will be getting longer and the fields will be waiting for seed. 

I still have a sunrise from a morning walk on Angie's country road as the home screen on my phone.

The trip will be a nice mix of house and yard projects, visiting, and a day trip to see our dear aunt Beverly in southern Iowa....all good.




Angie doesn't have internet access so I'll be taking a break from the blog for a full week....and I'll admit that always feels a little weird...it's such a regular part of my day.  But I'll embrace being unplugged from this...and plugged into country living and family...and I'll be collecting all the little everyday joys that will most certainly present themselves.  I'll be back in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment