C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Common Ground

I can't help but celebrate when this blog connects me with other artists....especially when we find common ground.  Christine and I have never met. We took an on-line class together a while back and she's been following my blog ever since and she recently donated to our church school bag project. 

Christine knits and crochets....but is also a crafter and loves experimenting with fabric, yarn, and beads...so we have that in common.  She confessed that she's not much a finisher...so we have that in common too.  It would be kind of fun to line up our collective "works in progress"....it may be a bit alarming.  But...we both agree that if we're having fun it doesn't matter what get's finished....because we do finish the important ones.

I have Christine's permission to share this delightful little quilt she finished using a pattern from a book called Dream Landscapes by Rose Hughes.

Raw edges are overlapped and covered with couched yarns and trims.  I think the colors and embroidery embellishments are just delightful. 

I'm inspired!

I hope to see her next finished project...and she'll see mine here in blog land at some point.  It is time to at least start something....or finish something already started.




No comments:

Post a Comment