C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Jane's Quilts

I had to follow up today with a couple of Jane's quilts.  She's been working on them for a while...but I hadn't seen them quilted until yesterday.  They're stunning....I was blown away!

This first one is funky appliquéd flowers.  I watched her work on individual squares during our stitching get-a-ways.  She machine quilted each square...then joined them with this awesome colorful pieced sashing.  It's just perfect for her guest room....so colorful and happy.




This next one is a fabulous tree quilt....all that's left is the binding.

 The tree is just incredible....all hand appliquéd. 


She used bright ombre fabric from my stash for her birds and some of my striped fabric for the wings.  They blend so well...but yet also pop. 

Jane used a flying geese pattern for the edges and four different appliquéd bird designs for the corners.  It's just amazing....so stunning in person.  Well done Jane!                                                                      
 

2 comments: