C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 31, 2019

Ordinary Day

"Someone asked me yesterday how to live an extraordinary life & I said I had no idea because I always thought it was more interesting to live an ordinary life & not miss a second of it."  Brian Andreas

I'm not sure there could have been anything that would bring me more joy today than catching this robin in our new bird bath.  I watched him/her through the patio doors....it had a great time just splashing around around for quite some time. 

A close second was Margie's finished puzzle I just took her a week ago....and the nice visit with her and Paul on her patio.  

Margie has a lovely vase on her bookshelf that was a gift and means a lot to her.  A few weeks ago I wrapped individual stalks of wheat with sock yarn in subtle blues, grays, and a touch of purple for the vase.  It really adds a nice soft touch to her international "peace wall."

And....this evening there was an odd sunset. It was just cloudy/hazy enough that you could almost look at it directly....a bright ball with a ring around it.  Paul and I couldn't help but just pause and watch it as it set behind the trees.  

And...I had my first swim today in the pool tucked behind that fence.  Just an ordinary day...I tried not to miss a second of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment