C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Look Closely

Almost exactly a year ago I posted about the Woodland Flowers in Maine....I'm guessing it's going to be an annual celebration.  I can't help wander in every day this time of year to see what's blooming.  If you don't look closely you'll miss them.


These little Star Flowers are scattered all over and there's a beautiful clump at the base of a couple of the trees. 



You might miss the little wild Sarsparilla flowers because they hide under the large canopy of leaves. 



I think I have to time it just right to find them in bloom...I don't know if the white flowers are coming or going by. But I love these little firecrackers not matter what! 


Tiny white Canada Mayflower plants are scattered all around ...and I added some pink Meadow Rue last year that's doing well.

 

There also a spot that has a patch of this delightful Partridge Berry....I think more berries will appear as the season goes on.  The tiny little round leaves are so cute.  I love the woods!


No comments:

Post a Comment