C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Curtain Call

This farmer's market dahlia deserved a zoomed in curtain call.  I'm in love with everything about it! That color combination is just dreamy.

Yesterday's card #15 features wonky circles from Gudrun's World catalog.....I'm embracing the loose black threads!


I came across this wonky circle collage experiment I did on the deli paper Lynne gave me a while back.  I used gloss medium and didn't really like the finish so it got cast aside...it felt good to cut it up. 

Do you see that little red scarp on the bottom?  I couldn't bear to throw it away...so I may collage around it for another card.

I cut the circles in half, rearranged the pieces, and glued them back together right on the card making new, even more wonky circles. I covered it with a thin layer of matte medium to knock down the gloss a bit....






...trimmed off the excess and added the stitching. I'm reminded how nice it is to use the deli paper as a substrate....so easy to sew. Thanks Lynne....I'm going to use it more often!




Today's card features a taped watercolor where I messed up on the writing....surprise surprise! I cut it up and turned it into a bit of a crazy quilt making the messed up writing a graphic design element....at least that's what I'm telling myself.



I sliced and assembled....just winging it as I went along. Can you spot the teeny tiny square I added in below?



No comments:

Post a Comment