C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Bluesy Pair

As I hoped...the rain lily bud opened today and a second one almost got there. The first one is always the most exciting! 

This note from Daisy Yellow for week three of the 2019 ICAD challenge made me smile: "Here are the prompts for week 3...as always 100% optional, 97% flexible, so I'm leaving it to you to interpret logically, magically, scientifically, cryptically, historically, sarcastically, colorfully, melodically, frantically, figuratively, and/or geographically. Or ignore altogether.  That's cool too."  
Even though I'm ignoring them altogether....I'm 100% inspired by her challenge....and still having fun. We'll see if I can keep it up....but so far so good.

Back in 2016 I made an indigo paper tube mirror out of recycled magazine and catalog papers and used strips of the recycled papers for the border. 

Surprise surprise I saved the leftovers and cut them into strips and created a simple bluesy checkerboard of sorts for #17.



This little doodle was just sitting in one of my sketchbooks....I added to it and it became #18. I do like this simple doodle pattern.  I'll probably play around with it again sometime.  Doodling is a good thing.



#17 and #18 make a nice bluesy pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment