C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Seas the Day!

Paul and I were lucky enough to be invited for a sail this evening with our dear friends Janice and Jay. I love this view as you walk down to the dock.....you just know some very special is in store for you. 


Sunsets from the water always seem better....it was a beautiful evening from start to finish.  





And I even pocketed a napkin...Seas the Day! 



After my color explosion yesterday...I was compelled to go neutral today.  I've collected lots of papers from music, books, maps, junk mail etc.  I collaged a background....and auditioned a few things from my stash as a focal point.

In the end I decided to use a simple plant cut out that's been floating around my studio. I bought this tiny bowl at a craft show a year or so ago and had a great conversation with the artist about her process. She showed me how she cuts her designs out of paper and uses them as a template. Of course I came right home and cut out all kinds of plants....and this is the first time I've used one.


No comments:

Post a Comment