C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 24, 2019

Not Quite the Plan

There are several things I could post about tonight...it was a great day. I could post about a delightful early morning swim...or breakfast with our oldest son Nate who we don't see all that often....or creative puttering in the studio.  Instead I'm posting about how my day ended....not quite how I planned.

After dinner I headed back to Lexington.  The plan was to stay a day or two to tend to the gardens and other chores, visit some friends, and get organized for an upcoming trip.  I got 1/2 way and my car started acting a little funny and I was able to get off in the breakdown lane before it completely died.  Thank goodness for cell phones...and thank goodness for AAA.  My car is now at a shop in Portsmouth....and I'm back in Portland. Not quite the plan....but it could have been worse.

While I was waiting for Paul to pick me up I enjoyed a lovely sunset from the parking lot of the Ford dealership.  Not quite the plan...but it could have been worse. Sunsets are a good thing no matter where you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment