C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Summer in Maine

I know it's officially summer when we make the rounds in South Portland at some of our favorite places.  It was a beautiful morning for a field trip....and I'm taking you along.

Bug light park is always on the list.



One of my goals was to see the lupin fields along the road to Two Lights Park....and they were spectacular.



It's always a treat to be on the rocks at Two Lights....the beach roses were in full bloom.


I spy Paul on the rocks examining a tidal pool...you can barely see him there on his belly.                                                                                             
And this is what he was looking at. 

A found treasure....I love rocks with veining.


I didn't see what it said at first....


but my husband the minister pointed out "faith." He does that for me from time to time...I often need the help.
And...I can always count on Paul to find a little love.

A trip to South Portland is not complete without a stop at Scratch for a few bagels....yum.

Ahhh....summer in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment