C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Farmer's Market

I used to live right near Deering Oaks Park in Portland ME and it's still one of my favorite homes and locations. And lucky for me Janice scooped me up this morning and took me to the Portland Farmer's Market....right the park.  It's such a pretty setting...and the colors and energy at the market were just what I needed to start my day!  Thanks Janice!

I took a ton of pictures....but you'll be glad that I narrowed it down to my favorite few.  This display of poppies in the aqua bottles made me melt.


Oh how I love blooms just before they open....this dahlia blossom was ready to pop. And the hot colors are spectacular.

It's lupin season in Maine....or bluepins as my son used to call them. 


There was rainbow chard....

....and rainbow outfits.  It was Pride day in Portland.                                                                                       
And what's not to love about colorful hot sauce from Thirty Acre Farm.  Love that name!

Both Janice and I bought a "salad bowl" planting....just clip and eat.  I'm hoping I can keep it alive for many salads to come. 

Paul and I had our first one this evening and it was awesome. The farmer told us someone bought several for wedding centerpieces. How awesome is that. 

I love the farmer's market!

No comments:

Post a Comment