C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Assemblage

When I first started this 100 day index card project I knew assemblage was going to be my focus. 

I've been gathering bits of this and that for most of my adult life....especially interesting and/or colorful papers of all kinds. I am reminded that I don't throw away I think has potential.

Here's a catch up on the last three days of cards.

This color wheel was in one of my bins....including the brochure I cut it from.                                                    
I picked it up at the "Quilts and Color" exhibit back in 2014 at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. There were hundreds of them sitting around as we were leaving and since it was nearly the last day they let me take a handful.                                                                                  
 

This bird, cut from a Christmas card has been floating around for years waiting for just the right time to use it. I think it's beautiful...and paired with the color wheel makes for a simple and joyful assemblage for #21. There's something about it that actually feels hopeful....for anything we might want to hope for.



#20 started off with an assembled border of black and white circle scraps. I did some doodling in the middle that I didn't like because the boarder just got lost. So I cut out the center and backed it with the Hallelujah Chorus I brought home from a Sunday bulletin insert.

In complete contrast I'm fully aware that today's card is a ridiculous over the top color explosion.





I edged a card a few days ago with washi tape and it sat around because I didn't know what to do with the center.
This afternoon I decided to cut up an experiment I did a month or so ago using these Neocolor crayons I inherited from Connie. They color like crayons...but can be blended with water. This was the first time I had played with them....and they were kind of fun.


I cut the rainbow into strips and sewed them onto the card with a fairly random pattern.                                                                                                               
I do think #21 and #22 make for a bright happy pair.
Let's see what assemblage tomorrow brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment