C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Simple Joys

On the way to meet Janet for a walk this morning I found this lovely petal on the ground and I'm not quite sure what it's from. I didn't see anything around that was blooming in yellow.  I took several pictures of beautiful flowers while Janet and I walked....but this photo was by far my favorite. 
Paul and I drove to Portland this afternoon for a few days and when we arrived I finally scooped up my my lilac petals....and now I have a handful of joy!

It will be interesting to see how long it keeps its color. 



And...what fun it was to find a rainbow on the counter as I worked on dinner.  

I am just amazed at how this can happen with light coming through clear glass....this one through a glass pitcher.



These were all relatively simple things today....but simple things can bring pretty big joy if we allow them to.




No comments:

Post a Comment