C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Gardens

The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay cover 295 acres. The grounds are filled with zillions of flowers and plants, amazing sculptures, and interesting water features.  I chose just a few photos to post here....but created a Steller Story with many many more.  Click this link...and take a little tour tapping through the photos if you're interested.


There are lovely paths through the gardens and woods making it just a delight to explore all the colors and textures.                                                                                        



I started a modest little garden at the end of the stone wall in the backyard in Portland.  I'm keeping it simple with mostly woodland plants and now a little natural garden art.

I just looked up the tall yellow dandelion type flower that's in the left corner....it's called called meadow hawkweed and I think I need to get rid of it because it's invasive and can smother everything. 

Jolee found this awesome piece of driftwood when she was visiting last fall. I tried bracing it between the trees...but it kept falling out.  I finally picked up a metal rod...drilled a hole...and now it's an art piece in the garden.



Paul and I found the long driftwood piece at the beach....it's loaded with barnacles and interesting texture. I see a driftwood theme starting.



It's a work in progress...there's some scruff to clean up and I'll gradually add more plants but it's a start. It's hard to see in the picture...but there's a nice view from the patio off there to the right. It's better in person....so come on over and sit with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment