C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 28, 2019

Splash of Color

Today was a transition day.  Paul took me to Portsmouth to pick up my fixed car and I drove back to Lexington keeping my fingers crossed the whole way.  I spent most of the day in the gardens and outdoor chores and sorting 2 weeks of mail.  I also had a delightful visit with Anita on her porch and am so grateful I have such good friends everywhere I go.


I still haven't had time to go through my Botanical Garden photos but this splash of color on the way home is worth sharing.  There are dozens of shops like this along the coast of Maine.  The colorful buoys drew us in and all three of us found a little something....everything was 50% off the already reasonable prices.  I spent $6 on a few more things for my rainbow collections.
I didn't realized until I was working on this post that I actually took a mirror selfie in this photo below.  

 "A Maine lobsterman's buoy is the nautical equivalent of a medieval knight's coat of arms. Each lobsterman paints his own design in his own color scheme on his buoys in order to mark his trap territory. The buoys are often brightly colored so as to be easily spotted amidst the ocean's churning waves. You'll see those same bright colors on lobster boats, which are required by law to display their buoy colors."  found here

No comments:

Post a Comment