C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 10, 2019

New Appreciation

I'm not sure I'll post every day about my 100 day index card project....but writing about it here will keep me motivated. I'm having fun sifting through my myriad of creative snippets and mishaps...that alone is worth it.

During my "stacks" phase I experimented with all kinds of fused fabric strip arrangements.  This was part of a larger piece where I sliced and shifted the stacks....but never did anything with. Now a little piece of it turned sideways is featured on day 10.

Stitching changes everything. 



I do think the color scheme and mix of fabrics is pretty nice....so the rest of the piece may show up on something.  I've got a new appreciation for its sunny summer vibe.  


No comments:

Post a Comment