C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Loose Ends

Maine...Massachusetts and now Wisconsin....sometimes even I get confused where I'm at.  But I am in Wisconsin now visiting my friend Becky for several days then will spend time with family for my nephew's wedding celebration at the end of the week. I hope to post a little something most every day...but I might miss a day here and there.

I wrote the draft of this post yesterday as I was packing and tying up loose ends in Lexington....just little things I wanted to share.

One of my loose ends was finishing the "Selfie" puzzle. I had been dreading the browns and tans of the fur...and was making no progress the last couple of times I sat down.  But I sorted the remaining pieces by shape....and was able to get it finished between my chores.

This puzzle was from my sister LaVonn....and it's her son wedding we are celebrating. 
I also put together a quick card for #29.  

Way back when I took the Consciously Creative class with Philippa Stanton I picked up paper and other trash as I was looking for found objects.  I wanted to do something with them at the time so I sewed them together creating a crazy collage. Then it just sat until today when I sliced off a 3 x 5 piece and sewed it onto card #29.  Now it's a good memory and a splash of trashy color.
I made card #28 before I left Maine and it featured folded blue squares from catalogs that I never did anything with. I started with a simple grid.
Then I layered more squares diagonally to add some interest.


I added stitching which I wasn't that wild about....I liked it better before or I should have done it diagonally.  But that's the nice thing about these cards...you make them and move on.  I'm moving on.

I may or may not make cards while I'm away but there's a good connection story to tell about these cards once I'm at Becky's.  I made myself a little travel kit with a few past project bits....but we'll see what the week brings. It won't be a priority...but Becky has a lot of supplies and likes to fiddle with artsy stuff too so you never know. And I know I'll catch up when I get back so it's all good.  There's no stopping me now...I'm going to make it to 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment