C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Rainbow Collections

Today was a field trip day with my dear friends Patsy and Jane.  We spent the morning at the Botanical Gardens in Boothbay....and the rest of the day making our way back south stopping here and there along the way.  It will take me a little time to sort through my photos and I'm too tired tonight....but it was a magical day at a magical place so you will hear more about it soon.

I actually wrote this post as a draft a day or so ago....but some days there's just too much to say.  It is really possible to have too much joy in a day?  But now I get to share it on an evening when I'm tired.

I'm quite taken with Janice's window box....such a great splash of color. I love the interesting diagonal window...the wreath...the ferns...the whole thing just works.  Nice job Janice!




I wonder if I'll ever get too old for putting things in rainbow order.  I hope think not.



When I was at the farmer's market with Janice a few weeks ago I bought these sweet little flowers hand made from pinecone petals.  I have a hard time finding purple things for my rainbow collections....so I knew I could use them.

This was the view of them down into my bag?

I've had this little collection of pottery under my cross stitch for quite some time and now it feels complete with a few of the purple pinecone flowers in the vase.






And this little arrangement in my kitchen window was missing a pop of purple....not any more.  It seems fitting that this little rainbow collection features Kermit who is famous for his rendition of Rainbow Connection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment