C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 14, 2019

Fuzzy Socks and Beach Sheds

It's been an unusual spring....and "unusual" seems to be the norm these day when talking about the weather in any season. We had rain most of the day...but it dried off enough to enjoy the patio. It felt like an old fashioned Maine evening where you need a sweater and fuzzy socks in the evening....just the way I like it...actually. 

We've have this condo for 2 years now and I just recently noticed there was a hook in one of the trees...so I added a little birdhouse I brought from Lexington.  It's a little late for nesting possibilities this year but it adds interest to our view.  And the birdbath sits waiting for the birds...there's only been a few....but I remain hopeful.



Number 14 of my 100 day index card project was inspired by the beach sheds in Brighton England.


I didn't look at the actual picture while I was making it or I might have stitched the city roof lines more flat than pointy and shed roofs a little less pointy....but you get the idea.
Mary Jean, a friend of Connie's, gave me a whole bunch of art books after her husband died....and tucked inside were all these old stamps. I thought I won the lottery!  I've thought about using them for little houses....so this was the perfect opportunity to play with it a bit. It's time to use the stamps!

This is one of the last scraps from a sheet of wrapping paper I bought years ago.  I love the little silver accents...they gave the shed roofs a whimsical touch.

At this point I thought the city buildings needed more definition....so I outlined them in black stitching.

All in all a fun quick little project for day 14....a day of fuzzy socks and beach sheds.


No comments:

Post a Comment