C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Something New....

It's not really all that big of a problem when your car is broken down and you're stuck at your vacation home with an art studio.  I just had to readjust my planning for all the things I need to do this week before an upcoming trip.  More on that later.

With some of my "found" time I did clean a closet I've been putting off for over a year and I played with something new and something blue (and green).

I treated myself to a new set of watercolors from Art Philosophy.  They came in a sweet little tin and are the colors of the sea and appropriately called "Currents."
       

After I put all the colors samples on the card....my first project was this little wreath.


For better or worse....I couldn't help but add a few little polka dots from a sheet of wrapping paper from Treehouse Toys in Portland where my son Sam used to work.  I've saved every inch of it over the years from little things Sam would buy me and wrap at the store. So I guess it's actually something old and something new and something blue (and green).


Yesterday's card was also blues and greens.  It's actually a photograph I took of a pile of batik fabrics that I digitally altered using the Waterlogue app on my phone. I know it's kind of cheating watercolor....but only if you're  claiming it's actual watercolor. It's all just joyful puttering play....so it's all good.

Here's the printed page it came from along with other photographed fabric Waterlogue experiments....you might see some of them appear on other cards. I love the stripes.





Today I did a little assemblage using collage paper I got from Lynne. I added some stars from my favorite "Sun Stars and Moon" calendars and a little outline stitching....quick and simple.  


Lynne's collage is quite lovely held up to the light. I still have more for another project.....and some other fun papers from her experiments too.  #25 means that I'm one quarter of the way towards my 100 days....I've got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment