C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Polka Dots and Peonies

Margie and I went on a field trip to see the peonies at the Maine Audubon with a group from her community.  This peony/ice cream social is an annual event...but things are so far behind this spring  that only a relatively small number were in full bloom. It will be spectacular when they are all open...it's a pretty big patch. But we had a good time...and as you know I do like buds just as much as I like the flowers.



That's a pretty big flower packed into a very small ball.                                                                                               

I've already admitted that I sneak pretty paper napkins from parties....and occasionally I even buy a whole package.  I couldn't resist this package of watercolor dots.





They've been just sitting in a craft bin for quite a while so it was time to play with them. Yes...pretty paper napkins are for art...not wiping your hands.

I separated the layers and carefully sliced them into strips and snipped the circles apart. I collaged them on the back of a piece of a recycled calendar...so when you hold it to the light you can see the lines.  I forgot to try the deli paper....next time.


Each dot was numbered on the napkin....and at first I embraced the numbers. Then part way through decided to cut out the circles leaving just a white edge....which I liked better.  I do like the effect....it's the look of a watercolor with the texture of a collage.



I attached it to the card using a simple zig zag....and am pretty happy with the polka dots of #19.





No comments:

Post a Comment