C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 9, 2020

Nesting

I had a wonderful "catch up" conversation with Paul's sister Alyson this afternoon. I've mentioned before that she and I have been exchanging texts now and then of our favorite nature photographs. Although Alyson has always loved the outdoors....she's fairly new to really looking closely...and she is smitten. And I'm loving connecting with her in this new way. 

Here's a little collage of a few of Alyson's photos.

I've mentioned before that years ago I made a custom stained glass piece for Paul's parents to honor the mountain view they gave up when they downsized into a townhouse.  You can read about it and see where it used to be in this blogpost...and also get a glimpse into Margie's 80th birthday party: 

http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-mountain-view.html

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2016/02/just-right-light.html

When Margie moved to Maine she passed the mountain view onto Alyson....who just sent me this photo of it in its new home. 

Alyson is in the process of retiring and at the same time has a new empty nest.  She told me today that she has been reclaiming and "nesting" into the new spaces in her home as she transitions into the next phase of her life with her husband Steve.  North's room has become a yoga/zen/exercise room...with a mountain view. The freshly painted accent wall looks good with the stained glass. 


Alyson is a minimalist....but she appreciates a little pop of color.  Kenna's bedroom is now a fantastic purple media room....also a prominent color in the stained glass piece.  It looks like the color of my stairwell in Maine....and I love it

I'm so excited for Alyson, her new spaces....and her new lease on life! She's pretty special!  
And here's an actual mountain view that Alyson captured recently.
Pure JOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment