C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Round Things

A couple round things from Paul....they're almost twins.  The ball he found is hard as a rock...and doesn't bounce at all. Any ideas what it's used for?  Bocce ball maybe? And he took the photo of this fabulous maple tree on the Lexington Green on his way home from work. Isn't it spectacular!

Continuing with round things....

This week we keep our 4 x 6 card...the third of my negative space paintings. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch....but it's fun and colorful. I needed to keep it simple. I've learned a lot experimenting with these three painted cards...and there are all kinds of applications that are rolling around in my head.  

Once again I created a collage from painted paper scraps. I chose a simple pattern for the negative space painting that didn't even require a sketch.


The gold accents in the collage give it a nice shimmer.  Round three ✔

This photo was taken in the spring at Angie's when the corn was just sprouting. I enjoyed the contrast of  the sprouting corn in this May trip compared to the dried corn ready to be harvested when I was there in the fall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment