C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 16, 2020

Good for the Soul

Brenda's round three card came today....and it's just wonderful. I've said it before....and I'll say it again....creative art exchanges are good for the soul.

She used watercolor and permanent marker and an ephemera collage coated with "transparent watercolor ground."  I've never heard of that....so I'll need to learn more.  It gives the collage a nice shimmer.


I've been putting the gardens to bed at the condo these past couple of days....same story as Lexington: dumping pots, doing cutbacks and getting our tiny condo garage organized so there room for stuff from the upcoming move.  Not a lot of time for art these days....so I'm gettin a little artsy in my garage.

I installed a scrap board and brackets I had on hand and it makes me smile every time I drive in.  As I'm going through my stuff...I keep finding bottles here and there....and until a place presents itself in the condo this is where they'll live. And I cleaned out my screen porch in Lexington last week....so there will be more "art" in the garage at some point....probably spring.  Why not decorate your garage...it's good for the soul.


This is Margie's latest puzzle.  I'm so glad I can go into her apartment again for visits and puzzle viewing. Puzzles...yet another thing that's good for the soul.


I have such fond memories of cleaning Angie's bottle collection when I was at her home in May of 2019.  I wrote about that experience....and her special surprise in this post called "Cleaning Meets Joy." 



Angie has asked us to let her know if there are things of her we want. It's bringing her a lot of joy knowing some of her things will be going to people who will love them as much as she did.  One of the things I've asked for is this Singer sewing machine oil bottle for my collection.  Such a treasure! It will be good for my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment