C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 31, 2020

News From Home

I'm exactly where I need to be....but I do miss Paul...and I'm a little homesick....so it's good to get some news from home. I've gotten notes and updates from friends, a photo of fresh picked late garden flowers that made me feel like I got flowers myself, and even a recipe to try from a friend. Thank you!

This first photo is of last night's western sky.....perfect for Halloween I thought!


Paul sent this photo from the condo a few days ago...the tree on the left was still partially green last I saw it. By the time I see it again all the leaves will be down.


I'm so happy he's doing his homework and being my eyes as the season changes.  I love this layered view a little ways into our backyard woods.


Lexington got some heavy wet snow....and I got a text today from Joan this morning saying: "It's ginkgo day!" I love this shadow of Joan in the leaves.  Thank you Joan!

A ginkgo tree in her neighborhood dropped all its leaves today...and most of them were green.  Paul was due back at the house today so I wondered what was happening in our yard.


Sure enough....it was ginkgo day at our house too.  This is what Paul came home to this afternoon.  


Paul took this photo this past Monday.


This one was taken today. There are still some leaves on the tree....I think they're a little confused this year. 2020 has been that kind of year.


I'm on day 11....and am going to be here a little bit longer.  10 days is usually my limit on being away from home and I got to thinking that one of the only other times I've been away longer than 10 days was helping Angie 3 years ago when she had her initial injury that started her downward turn. She's totally worth it....but I'm grateful for the news and images from home.


Happy Ginkgo Day!


2 comments:

  1. Mary Ann I just have to tell you I love all your tree pictures!
    Lily

    ReplyDelete