C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Layers

What a whirlwind of a day....it had so many layers it was hard keeping everything straight.  But since you are not likely interested in the updated condo "Pool Policy" or how excited I was about finally learning about "Google Docs"....I'll share a little glimpse into today's "From Sketchbook to Wall" lesson. It was, by far, the most colorful layer to my day.

We had one more day of making marks to create texture....this time with bits of fabrics and stitches. We keep adding bits and pieces to our painted fabrics that will eventually be cut apart and used in a final piece. And the best part is that not being very good at free motion stitching didn't seem to matter. 

I do love these little free motion wonky little lines....and the simple tree silhouettes.  They're subtle...but fun...and the similar, but unique lines will help create cohesion in our piece.  Or at least that's what Tansy is telling us.

Hopefully starting tomorrow we will begin cutting these up for our project. I've given up trying to predict what will come next....because I would not have guessed I would be doing this today....but I loved it.


I have a scarf I've loved...but hardly ever wore....so I closed my eyes and cut into it.  The colors are great and I know it will be useful....but maybe not until one of the next steps.  I love the crinkled texture and loose weave and the frayed edges are so wonderful.

We'll see!  I have NO idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment