C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Made Her Mark

I worked on the puzzle while I ate my oatmeal....then I just walked away. 
S-A-V-O-R-I-N-G



Eliza's journal arrived....and this is the cover.  It tickles me that she drew herself twice as tall as me....but it makes sense actually: she's twice as brave, twice as active, and twice as cute.  

For those of you who don't know...I've started a shared art journal with 5 year old Eliza.

http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/03/shared-journal.html

Eliza did some beautiful art pieces on several pages....this pair remind me of Easter eggs.

And what's not to love about this unicorn.

I love that she's sticking with the embellished "E"....may be one of her signature moves.  Pun intended.

But it you look closely....you will notice a theme....even in the first two paintings. 

Eliza's favorite color is yellow....and she put yellow circles on every single page....in the whole book. Many are simple....and others are concentric. I told her there were no rules....and I think this is brilliant.  She's made her mark on her book....and it gives me jumping off places...I'm going to have fun with her circles.  

I couldn't wait to dive right into this gridded page. I filled in most of the negative space around her circles with colored pencil...then accented them with black pen. Her book will be literally...shared art. 


And by the way.....I did finish the puzzle. Only the reds and some of the brown was tough....but it all was an absolute delight! If you change your mind Margie....I'll bring it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment