C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Shared Journal

I mentioned several weeks ago that I wanted to start a project with Eliza.  She's a creative and clever 5 year old who has a zest for life. She loves color and is not afraid to express herself from head to toe.  I recently wrote about Eliza in this post:  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/02/smitten-with-stars.html

We're going to start a shared art journal project....and like one of her moms said..."who knows what you'll get." And THAT will be the fun of it!

I made each of us a little journal with 5 folded sheets of paper making 20 surfaces including the front and back cover....and Eliza just got hers in the mail.  Our first task was to decorate the cover and do one page (or more) in the journal.   I think my cover looks a lot like Eliza's outfit.


The one I start with will be mine and the one she starts with will be hers.  We will trade back and forth doing pages in both journals until they are full getting our own back at the end. 

I decided my first page was going to be flowers from my imagination. It seemed like the perfect place to practice these whimsical little posies. I created my garden on a separate piece of paper and glued it in giving the front cover more heft.


The journal has various kinds of papers in different sizes.


I even included some graph paper....for zentangling...or anything at all really.
I'm looking forward to this journaling journey with Eliza....and I'll keep you posted how it goes.


4 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I will be looking forward to seeing some reports on the progress you are both making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am maybe more excited about this shared journal than any other! It's going to fun....stay tuned!

      Delete