C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 1, 2021

Smitten With Stars

Eliza and Oliver were at my house a few weeks ago and I gave them each a star from my jar. Yesterday, one of their mothers...Barbara, the next Senior Minister of Hancock Church, gave me this book....and I'm smitten. It's written and illustrated by Mary Lyn Ray and Marla Frazee...and it's an absolute delight.

I love the way Eliza embellished the "E" in her name.                                                         


Eliza has a flair for style...and all things colorful and bright.  She's a little girl after my own heart....I wrote about her in this post back in May:  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/05/reminder-of-joy.html


The book is about all the places we see can see stars....and not just in the sky.  When you look closely the moss that grows on the trees looks like stars. I hadn't really thought about that....but it's true.  

I had used this image on one of the reader pages for Liz's calendar back in 2016 and didn't know where it came from.  Now I do....and I love it even more.

Dandelion seeds, pumpkin blossoms, and snowflakes are some of the other places you see stars.  And....as the authors recommend...it's always good to have a star in your pocket because you never know when you might need one. And maybe keep an extra in case someone else needs one too.

Did I say I was smitten?


Eliza put a piece of her artwork in the book...and it makes my heart melt.


Eliza's enthusiasm got me thinking....and I have a project in mind for us to share. I think a little girl who loves color would be a good for me in the next phase of my life. More about about my plan a little later.

But for today I was inspired to pause and make a few simple stars.....maybe I'll put one in my pocket tomorrow.  I think I might need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment