C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Cozy Spot

I have always loved the hazy winter sun through the bare branches.....and this morning it was just beautiful.



And this beautiful icey pattern was on the pavement. 

Version one of my kid shelf is done.  There will certainly be some tweaking and editing....but I'll figure that out over time.  I'm still finding things....and I know there's a piece in the garage that has a couple of drawers full of toys and things. 

Like I said....there may have to be some editing.

I've got Adam's stars featured and my There's an Elephant in the Bathtub book which is the ONLY thing I have from my childhood, and a couple special books from Becky.  There are a couple of vintage puzzles I got from Margie and Paul's sock monkey.  Most everything has a story....the rest is just stuff I've picked up and love.


Paul's dad made the wooden train puzzle and Paul got the book when he was 4. There's a cute story to go along with it that you can read here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2017/11/happy-to-you.html


Paul was ready to let his Audubon Nature Encyclopedia set go....but I kind of like them so they're staying for now.  And I think the Humpty Dumpty was his moms as a child.


The rest of the room is a work in progress. The painting isn't in the right spot and needs non glare glass....and the favorite blue chair is going to be reupholstered in a salmon color I think. I'm going to recover both lampshades and the square poof stool eventually too....but it's good enough for now. There's a great view of the backyard including the sunsets and it's going to be a cozy spot to read and watch TV. 


No comments:

Post a Comment