C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Finishing Round 9

"May this be a season of believing beyond what you see."  
Morgan Harper Nichols

There was almost a hint of spring in the air today.  It amuses me that 40 degrees feels balmy this time of year....but at the end of the summer it will feel chilly.  I walked in only a sweatshirt and didn't need my gloves....I'll take it!  Paul was the one who pointed out the beautiful patterns in the ice along the street on our walk. It's always good when one of us pays attention....nature always has a surprise waiting somewhere. 


I continued with the theme of torn paper hearts to finish up round 9 of our 4 x 6 exchange. This one went to Becky last week.


It's hard to see in the first photo....but I added a little gold netting under the hearts for a little bling. It's much better in person.
Becky's daughter Emily, my Goddaughter's birthday was about the same time....so I made her a 4 x 6 birthday card and told her about our exchange project.  This time I made one large torn painted paper heart.

This week we keep our 4 x 6 cards....and again, I stuck with the theme.

I used 1/2 of this lovely snowflake to add a little interest to the background giving a nod to winter. I just love the color and texture on this page from my manuscript book that I printed on the gelli plate and I like pink and orange together.  Round 9....✔....time to think about round 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment