C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 5, 2021

Gotta' Love The Book Club

When we lived in Madison for a couple of years back in 2007 and 08 I belonged to a book club with Becky, Rosy, and Tracie....it was wonderful.  I had known Becky forever....and through her had gotten to know Tracie and Rosy. We've stayed good friends...sharing lots of common ground.

Today....I heard from all three spaced evenly throughout the day.  It's like like they planned it (I'm sure they didn't) to collectively lift me up just when I needed it.

Tracie texted me this morning in response to my "Bright Spot" post yesterday with her own little bright spot on her front porch....and words of encouragement to cheer me along during this home stretch.

I believe these are ice candles....which are so much fun to make and so beautiful shimmering on her porch.

Then...a little later in the morning I got an Instagram message from Rosy with a link to this incredible image.  I had to look at it for a while to really soak in what I was seeing....and I'm going to make you do the same.  Once you see it....you won't be able to stop thinking about it.  Look closely....and follow the lines.


Then....late this afternoon I got a text from Becky that just said: "New carpet?"  That started a whole back and forth conversation....she actually did want to hear about the carpet...but it was her way of checking in to see how I was doing.  But seriously....she really wondered about the carpet. Gotta' love the Book Club!

If you want to meet them....you can check out this post from the summer of 2019...called "Book Club":  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2019/07/book-club.html

No comments:

Post a Comment