C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Honor The Day

Today is Valentine's Day....and my sister Nancy's birthday...and our last full day in Lexington.  I'm posting early....so we can turn in all our cable and internet equipment this afternoon. We'll be unplugged for the evening...and that might be kind of nice.

My first card of round 9 of our 4 x 6 exchange went to Brenda this week....and I'm glad I have something colorful and fitting to honor the day.  Somehow piles of brown boxes and clean stoves and bathrooms seem a little less fun. 


When I was at the condo all of last week....I got on a roll with these little painted paper hearts....and they will most certainly be appearing on a few projects here and there as I settle back into the studio.  

I assembled and glued them on lightweight cardstock then cut them out so I would have a white border.


At first I was tearing the paper giving them an interesting edge.  But then to make things move a little faster I glued 2 or 3 pieces of paper together first....then cut them out and glued them on the white card stock.

This little one was torn out of metallic commercial papers....a good way to honor the day.  We have loved living in Lexington....and I'm looking forward to the next adventure with the love of my life in Maine.  

And also...Happy Birthday Nancy!   


No comments:

Post a Comment