C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Mariner's Compass

The first known mariner's compass was used in 1594.

Although there is satisfaction in the chores that I tackled today....there is nothing inspirational or interesting to share about cleaning out the refrigerator and sweeping under the beds.  So I'm especially grateful I took photographs last time I was at the condo of a beautiful work of art from an artist I admire.

Paul and I play cribbage quite often on a beautiful board made by Chris Groves from Hancock Church....I wish I had a photograph for this post.

Then....on Paul's last Sunday he was given a magnificent bowl featuring a mariner's compass....also made by Chris Groves. The bowl was filled with cards and notes and is absolutely gorgeous. We have no idea how it was done....but to repeat the same chorus I recently used....we'll just "let the mystery be."
It's made from walnut, maple, cherry, and bubinga.  
I had to look that last one up....bubinga is a tropical hardwood.


It's an absolute treasure.  And...the refrigerator is clean!  Win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment