C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Perfect Gift

My sister LaVonn sent this photo of the corner of her yard....the same view I photographed the sunsets almost every day when I was there in October.  The ground fog and the sky are just gorgeous....and if you zoom in you can see the stalk from the sunflower I've written about so many times.  I don't think I could have asked for a better gift today.  If you don't know the story of this sunflower stalk.....you can read about it here in these posts: 

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/09/cheerful-greeting.html

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/12/fitting-ending.html

LaVonn and her husband Tim, along with another sister Marilyn and amazing Hospice workers, have been caring for my sister Angie for 4 months at the farm.  Angie is likely in her last days and is resting peacefully. 

It's been difficult being so far away....but LaVonn and Marilyn have done a wonderful job keeping us all connected.  My heart is heavy.

LaVonn and Marilyn got to talking about the fact that Angie is a Chiefs fan.....so a win tomorrow could be just what she's waiting for.  

Paul and I spent this last week getting the places and spaces all through the condo ready for furniture that's coming from Lexington.  It's almost a clean slate. We're back in Lexington now for the final stretch here...and that too, is emotional. 


The bright sun, blue sky, and long shadows were especially lovely this afternoon.  I'm looking forward to this being my full time backyard view.

No comments:

Post a Comment