C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Cheerful Greeting

Today I'm celebrating this fabulous volunteer sunflower plant....yes, that's all on one plant....at my sister LaVonn's home in Wisconsin. I've shared my brother-in-law Tim's sunflower fields before that he plants along the road....a gift to the neighbors and passersby.  The flowers in the field have gone by (you can just seem them to the right)....but he has been mowing around and nurturing this volunteer in the ditch all summer long. He's good at that.

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/03/sunflower-field.html

LaVonn is a school teacher and the first day was super stressful. The ride home was dark and gloomy but this volunteer plant was in full bloom and such a cheerful greeting as she drove in the driveway.  It made her day.....and her story made me smile.

I'm thinking about all the teachers, school kids, and parents who are starting a difficult and uncertain school year.

And I'm also thinking about my sister Angie who fell and broke her hip a week or so ago. Today she moved from the hospital to a rehab facility to begin the difficult road to recovery.  She needs some cheerful greetings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment