C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 4, 2020

Keep It Simple

"Make it simple, but significant."  Don Draper...the Madmen series

I had so much fun stitching and painting this card for Becky for round two of our 4x6 exchange....it was so much easier with actual watercolors.  I've decided to do all three cards in our first round experimenting with this technique directly inspired by the art of Sally Brandl.   https://www.instagram.com/sallybrandlwatercolors/

I didn't do any planing on this one. I decided to stitch funky squares and started in one corner and randomly placed and connected them as I went along. It was very satisfying.

Then I started to paint....and I loved filling in all the fussy little spaces.  The black thread helped keep the paint in the space...and these pan watercolor paints aren't very juicy so easy to control.


I decided to leave some spaces white and just keep is simple. I think I stopped just in time and I'm quite pleased with how this little project turned out.
   

We took a little field trip this morning to Portland's Easter Promenade with Margie to watch the boats.  It was a picture perfect late summer day and good for us all.





No comments:

Post a Comment