C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 18, 2020

QOL

What a difference a day makes....I got into more of a groove today. I puttered around the condo and was productive in the studio. I need to wait to share my projects because they need to get where they're going first.  

I did do one of my favorite things....arrange my window sill for fall/Halloween.  This is the first time these two adorable trick or treaters have been in Maine....and I'm going to enjoy them on the window sill. 

My son Sam recently did a major bathroom overall in his apartment...something that's been bugging him for YEARS!  He shared an "after" photo with me which included a lovely floral shower curtain (that made me smile).  He declared he was going to start doing regular "quality of life" projects and activities....anything that enhances his life.  Needless to say I was tickled and wanted to get on board so we decided to share what we do with each other as motivation and a way to connect. This morning I shared these photos of my window sill with him...taking the time to do little things like this is most certainly a QOL (quality of life) thing for me.


Two of the projects I shared with Sam recently involved massive mouse droppings under the kitchen sink and a dark dirty corner of the basement. Not quite blog worthy....but I'm loving being motivated and inspired by my son! 

Did you see the little aqua leg/shoe on window sill next to the brown shoe?  That's today's found object from on our morning walk.  It's a good one...don't you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment