C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Overjoyed with Overlay

My first card from round two of our 4 x 6 exchange came from Brenda....and I love it!  The minute I saw it I reminded me of an artist I admire...turns out that's who inspired it....more on that in a minute.  For now it's all about Brenda's card!

She used permanent markers, colored pencils and velum.  One drawing is on top of the vellum as an overlay.....

....and the second drawing is underneath.  


Brenda took an online mixed media workshop with Jane LaFazio....who I've been a fan of for quite some time. I love her work with vellum overlays and Jane would be quite proud of Brenda's art piece!  And I'm quite inspired!

The translucence of the vellum reminds me of the pink cosmos photos I took yesterday in the morning light.




I follow Jane LaFazio on Instagram and love when one of her creations comes across my feed:

I've especially enjoying her recent work with succulents and enjoyed this youtube video where she shares a succulent covid journal:


Here's another video on one of her journals on "everyday things she's grateful for"....it was so full of joy.
Thanks Brenda and Jane....I'm overjoyed!




No comments:

Post a Comment