C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, September 28, 2020

Learning to Juggle

From my morning walk with Janet.....the mix of colors in these leaves was incredible!


I have a lot of balls in the air right now...but I always try and pause at the end of the day and focus on something fun, interesting, or creative....something that brought me joy. 

I am celebrating the fact that I was about 20th in line yesterday morning for free shredding at our recycling center in Lexington. It wasn't very glamorous....but it was most certainly one of those QOL (Quality Of Life) activites. It's been bugging me for years...and now it's caught up for a while.

As I've mentioned...my son Sam and I are sharing these little QOL moments with each other....and this is the photo I texted him yesterday. He responded with one of his today.
And as I was leaving the facility I was compelled to turn the opposite direction out of the parking lot....because this is what I wanted to drive through on Hartwell Ave.

But way more fun and creative is an illustration and note from my my friend Lynne....who happens to know I'm currently learning to juggle.

Lynne created Petitia the Prayer Juggler at a time in her life when she was dealing with major changes.  Petitia was playful and loose....a good reminder to Lynne to keep things in perspective. And now she's a good reminder for me too.  

Everything will get done and  everything will be OK...one way or another. 

Lynne also sent this little card with these adorable stitched and painted houses....I'm guessing inspired by some experimenting I did recently with stitched paintings.  I'm going to "borrow" this loose stitched border idea. I'm not very good at loose...but I love the charm it adds.


And while I'm sharing Lynne's work.....a few weeks ago she sent me photos of these delightful collages she made as part of a series highlighting different stages of her life.  I love the way she used pattern pieces as the jumping off place and incorporated and other vintage elements.....and I think they're wonderful.  Thank you Lynne for sharing....and being such an inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment