C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Beautiful...but Tragic

When I was enjoying the sunflower patch in Concord yesterday I noticed the sky was a hazy blue...not the bright blue we're used to. There wasn't a cloud in the sky....and I just assumed it was fog.  What I'm realizing now is that it likely was smoke that has worked its way east from the tragic fires on the west coast. 

I know of at least two blog readers, Toni and Mary, who live on the west coast....I hope you're OK.

Paul and I drove to Maine in the predawn hours this morning....and once the sun appeared it was a giant red ball in the sky. Although it was magnificent...it was also strange and kind of eerie knowing the color was distorted by the haze of smoke. Beautiful....but tragic. The world just seems a little broken right now.

I tried to capture it with my phone....I but couldn't get a good shot.  But John Christian Anderson did, and posted it on Instagram.  His photo was taken from one of my favorite places....Ocean Park...better known as Jane's beach. Beautiful, but tragic.

https://www.instagram.com/jcaimages/


These were my feeble attempts from a moving card along a highway mostly lined with trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment